If you are a person who has no experience or just needs a refresher , this professional course will meet your needs. The instructor will lead you through the latest techniques and equipment in a hands-on program that will spotlight universal precautions, infection control procedures, charting, and potential complications associated with I.V. administration. During the session, procedures for performing I.V. will be explained and demonstrated.
Through hands-on methods, you will learn the skills needed to perform more successful I.V. administration in physicians’ offices, clinics and related settings. I.V. pump is not taught in this course as the equipment varies from site to site.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Home Health Nurses
- Anyone who has no experience, or needs a refresher
Chris Grubb is a paramedic and Lieutenant for the local fire department and has over 15 years emergency medicine experience. Chris conducts the IV workshop in Ashburn VA. His presentation style is professional and comprehensive to the needs of the I.V. professional. His calm demeaner and professional instruction is an asset to the organization and his contributions to The Medical Learning Center since September 2010 have been invaluable.
- Proper patient confidentiality/HIPAA
- Assessing the sick patient
- Equipment selection and use
- Follow up patient care
- Universal precautions and infection control
- Overview of I.V. duties
- Choosing equipment
- Charting and documentation
- Drip rates
- Infection control procedures
- Demonstration of equipment
- Hands on practice and instruction
- This is a two day event class. Hours are 9:00am-3:00pm with a 1- hour lunch.
- Cancellations due to inclement weather or other reason will be rescheduled at a date TBA.
- Reading materials are included and will be provided.
- Bring materials to take notes.
- Attire is casual